28. Why does Scout beat up Cecil Jacobs?
29. Who is Atticus’ latest client? Why has Atticus decided to defend this man?
30. When Cecil taunts Scout on the playground again, why does she walk away?
31. Francis upsets Scout when he says that no one wants Dill. Why is this a hypocritical statement from Francis?
32. What does Scout do to cause Uncle Jack to reprimand her on Christmas at her Aunt Alexandra’s house?
33. What does Uncle Jack learn from Scout?
34. Jem and Scout are somewhat disappointed that Atticus is not as athletic as some other fathers. What happens to change their minds?
35. Why do Miss Maudie and Atticus tell the children it is a sin to kill a mockingbird? Basically, explain what this means.
36. What did Jem do to Mrs. Dubose?
37. Why does Jem do this to Mrs. Dubose?
38. Because of this, what does Jem have to do every day for a month?
39. After Mrs. Dubose dies, what do the children learn about her?
40. What does Mrs. Dubose leave for Jem?
41. Why does Atticus think she left this for Jem?
42. How does Atticus define courage? Be specific.
43. Name two characters who exhibit this courage. Explain
Homework Assignment #5 May 11, 2012